I don’t know about you but as it gets closer to summer break… I kinda start to panic! I have a love hate relationship with summer break. You see we (especially MISS SENSORY)
thrive survive on consistency, routine and schedule. So, summer break can spell DISASTER!
Want to know my keys to survival?
- Don’t panic! It’s summer break! Yes, you may lose some of your stability but relax and enjoy a little bit of the breathing room and if it causes more meltdowns you can always bring routine back in.
- Make a plan. Make a list of summer activities for your child to participate it. Look for summer programs to join and think about what your child enjoys doing.
- Connect with your Mom tribe. Make time for playdates as much as possible. This social time is amazing for both you and your child.
- Plan for the mess. I like to get outside as possible in the summer. That means my car and my house usually end up full of sand. I’ve stopped stressing it and know that it’s going to happen. Embrace the mess! Things I keep handy for summer mess: hand sanitizer, wipes and towels.
- Maximize on what your child loves. Miss Sensory loves the beach and the playground. So almost every day, that is where you will find us.
- Enjoy the moment! The truth is summer goes by way to fast, at the beginning it might seem like summer break is going to take forever, but at the end looking back it was over in a flash.
I do have the tendency to let go of some of our consistency and routine in the summer. I like a break from the intensity of the schedule we keep. I like to slow down, allow life to go a little more at Miss Sensory’s speed. More than anything, I want to fully live out every moment this summer. YOLO!