Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running!
Today’s post is a little different than most of my regular posts, but I’ve been challenged to write this and besides loving my little one this is a big part of my life. I am so excited to share this with you. We are talking about fashion today, and one of my favorite resources for fun, affordable and trendy items. The links I’ve included today are for your convenience and to help me cover the expenses of running this blog.
In my B.K. (before kid) life, I had a lot of big dreams. I did a lot of things. There wasn’t much I didn’t do. One of the things I did was open my own clothing boutique, it is part of why clothing is such a big deal to me and the battles around clothing in our house are more of a challenge for me.
Clothing has always been my escape, it’s been how I create and it’s been how I express myself. It’s been therapy. As Miss S grew more challenging, it was harder to enjoy any amount of retail therapy. Raise your hand if you’ve stormed out of a store because you attempted to find something for yourself but your little one had other plans!
So, it didn’t take me too long to decide that retail therapy and special needs parenting wasn’t going to work very well. I had to find alternative ways to help get a fashion fix and Jane.com was the best answer.
Jane.com is a daily deals site so every day there are new deals posted and they are available for 72 hours or until they sell out. I wake up and check out Jane.com every morning before the chaos starts. It’s my calm before the store. I wait for 3 o’clock to see the sneak peeks for the next day. It has made shopping so much easier, without having to have the chaos in the store, I order it online, and it ships directly to my door. I can try it on, without being in a hurry and decide if it’s for me.
The prices are unbeatable. I couldn’t even begin to compete with Jane.com when I had my boutique. A lot of the brands are the same as what I was carrying in my store but most of the time they are highly discounted. On top of the already low prices, they have amazing clearance deals.
So, if you are like me and need your retail fix to keep fighting this uphill battle try out Jane.com and I guarantee you will love it as much as I do. Here are my top tips to help you when shopping Jane.com:
- Set a monthly budget. It’s really easy to buy on impulse on Jane.com and you are going to want to set yourself up to not overspend because everything is at such a great price.
- Make sure you read the description. In the item description, it will list how the item fits, for example, relaxed fit is a keyword that it doesn’t run small and you should order true to size.
- Study the picture of how the garment looks on the model. Is it a cardigan? Does it look tight in the arms? You’ll want to order up a size if you want to fit a long sleeve shirt underneath.
- It might take time to get used to the sizing. Generally, boutique clothing can run smaller, when in doubt order up a size.
- I only return items that I’ve paid $25-30 for. I’ve had really good luck with most items and have rarely needed to run something. You do have to pay for shipping back most of the time so if I only paid $10-15 I don’t feel it is worth it to ship back. I will either sell it or give away that item.
My all-time favorite items I’ve purchased from Jane.com, keep in mind since it’s a daily deal site these deals may not be currently available but you can choose to be notified when they are available again and shop similar items when using links below.
Ponte Pants: Super thick knit and 100% not see through, thick enough to wear to work but wears like a legging. Sized small to 3x, waistband tends to run smaller so depending on your shape (pear or apple) if you need more room in the waistband order up a size if needed.
The never-ending t-shirts that are so comfy for wearing around homeor to sleep in.
Happy Shopping!! Stop by Jane.com and see what’s on today for deals and take a peek at there clearance deals this weekend!